Sekolah Tiara Bangsa was established in Cibubur in July, 1996 by a group of parents with the common goal of establishing a school operating within National Plus Schools system and providing a high standard of education with English as the language of instruction. It was to be a school promoting strong moral principles and offering internationally recognized curricula to bring out the best in students through a skills-based approach to learning.
The school grew gradually, overcoming various obstacles, and in 2002, entered into a partnership with Anglo Chinese School* in Singapore to strengthen its academic programmes.
In July 2006, the school became known as ACS Jakarta, the first overseas campus of ACS, and moved to custom-built campus in Cilangkap.
Today, even more committed to providing a values-based education augmented by internationally-benchmarked curricula, ACS Jakarta is a selective K - 12 school for academically promising students, preparing them for continued academic success and for their future. An ACS education stands for holistic education: the total development of a child so as to maximize his or her potential for the greater good and service to others.
*The Anglo Chinese School has shaped the lives of thousands of students since its founding by Bishop William Fitzjames Oldham on 1st March 1886 in a small shophouse at 70 Amoy Street, Singapore. It began thirteen boys and has since grown to become a family of over 10,000 students in 7 schools: ACS (Junior), ACS (Primary), ACS (Barker Road), ACS (Independent), ACS (International) and Anglo-Chinese Junior College in Singapore and ACS Jakarta in Indonesia.